Saturday, September 8, 2012

Annabelle's School Project and life...

 Annabelle had her first school project this week. It reminded me of her last years first school project and I went back to look at the picture and couldn't believe how little she looked in it. She has grown up so much in this past year. I cannot believe my baby is almost 4 this month.
 The directions this year were that everyone in our family had to have their hand print on the page, which worked out perfect for Annabelle because she loves hand prints. I know that sounds a little strange but she literally asks to paint her hand and make a hand print almost every day. She loves it.
 When I went to the store the other day I picked up some stickers I knew she would like and I asked her what words she wanted on the page and so she picked them out. I stenciled them like with little lines and she drew over them herself with a marker. She did so good. I'm so proud of her. I love how the whole thing turned out. It is so Annabelle and just melts my heart.
 These pictures are so Annabelle as well. She couldn't just stand still and hold the picture to save her life. :) I really love that about her; she's spunky to say the least. :)
So glad for this little project to do with her.

I'd love to pretend that that was all we have going on in our life or I guess I wish that these type of things were the only things going on in our lives but that isn't true. My heart has been so heavy anticipating the Sentencing Hearing coming up this next week. I know I can't say much about it especially here on my public blog..... I just hope that after this hearing, at least this part of the process will be over. I pray it will. A certain aspect of the healing cannot even begin until this part is finished...

With that said, God has continued to do amazing things that hopefully one day I will be able to share on here. It reminds me of Ps 40:5, "O Lord my God, you have performed many wonders for us. Your plans for us are too numerous to list. You have no equal. If I tried to recite all your wonderful deeds, I would never come to the end of them." My God has proven faithful and will continue to prove faithful to us regardless of what happens at the sentencing hearing. I trust Him. I really do and if anything this whole past year has just made me trust Him more than I ever thought I could.

Today the Lord brought me back to these verses in Isaiah 40. Aren't they just perfect?

“To whom will you compare me?
    Who is my equal?” asks the Holy One.
26 Look up into the heavens.
    Who created all the stars?
He brings them out like an army, one after another,
    calling each by its name.
Because of his great power and incomparable strength,
    not a single one is missing.
27 How can you say the Lord does not see your troubles?
    How can you say God ignores your rights?
28 Have you never heard?
    Have you never understood?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
    the Creator of all the earth.
He never grows weak or weary.
    No one can measure the depths of his understanding.
29 He gives power to the weak
    and strength to the powerless.
30 Even youths will become weak and tired,
    and young men will fall in exhaustion.

31 But those who trust in the Lord will find new strength.
    They will soar high on wings like eagles.
They will run and not grow weary.
    They will walk and not faint.

Amen.



No comments: