A friend sent this to me. So so good for me! I wanted to share:
GIVE UP THE ILLUSION that you deserve a problem-free life. Part of you is still hungering for the resolution of all difficulties. This is a false hope! As I told My disciples, in the world you will have trouble. Link your hope not to problem solving in this life but to the promise of an eternity of problem-free life in heaven. Instead of seeking perfection in this fallen world, pour your energy into seeking Me: the Perfect One.
It is possible to enjoy Me and glorify Me in the midst of adverse circumstances. In fact, My Light shines most brightly through believers who trust Me in the dark. That kind of trust is supernatural: a production of My indwelling Spirit. When things seem all wrong, trust Me anyway. I am much less interested in right circumstances than in right responses to whatever comes your way.
“Do not let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God; trust also in me. In my Father’s house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you.” -JOHN 14:1–2
Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight. -PROVERBS 3:5–6
Today I'm so thankful to God that winter is only one of four seasons.
That my hope will never be cut off.
I am thankful to God that I get to stay at home with my girls and make pink and purple waffles.
I thought that I would never say this but I'm thankful to God that He allowed me to have the girls so close in age because they just love playing together!
I am thankful that He has given me courage to do things that I could have never done on my own.
I am thankful that my aunt gave me this little book called "Jesus Today" by Sarah Young. I am thankful that I know from experience that the only way to stand firm is by abiding in Christ through life's toughest spiritual battles.
I am thankful that God gave me girls and that I get to braid their hair and take them to ballet.
And I'm thankful for beautiful sunsets that make me feel like God painted this picture just for me.
What are you thankful to God for today?
Let the peace of God dwell in your hearts and be thankful. Col 4:12
1) I have been struggling lately with fear. It's kind of too much to explain but I love this verse. It's like God saying, "Look at ALL we have been through Ashley and you are still fearful?!"
2) I found something Adelyn loves to eat! This is a miracle.
3) Adelyn had surgery yesterday. She got her tubes taken out and new ones put in and adenoids out. She's having a little bit of a rough time recovering but it is to be expected. Hopefully she'll feel better tomorrow!!
4) Waiting...so hard!
5) Loved this about perspective from the NLT bible.
6) Adam "preached" to the junior high students last night. I heard he did a great job and the kids loves it. He came home giddy. :)
7) Me and AB have had a few rough days but today was so so much better and I'm so thankful to God! We spent some great quality time together today. Adelyn, Annabelle, and I played Candy Land today. It was so so fun!! Thankful for these days with my girls. They are so fun and so hard sometimes but I know they are slipping by and I must take the opportunity to enjoy each one!!