Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Thankful Tuesday

 Today I am thankful for so much. I have a good life. I truly do. I am thankful that we get to stay in our pj's and make bread on Monday mornings.
 I am thankful for the JOY in trusting Him even when it doesn't look "pretty."
 I am thankful for how my life here in Ohio has challenged me to a deeper, more intimate, and desperate walk with Him.
 I am thankful for my time spent in Israel. I am thankful for the Psalms of Ascent and that I know where my help comes from.
 I am thankful for the deep longing for heaven.
 I am thankful for this sweet girl who was so so excited to go to school today.
 And this little girl who got to go on a stroll with me.
 I am deeply saddened for the grief that many have been suffering today. I am grieved, so grieved over sin but I am thankful that God is bigger and can work out good for those who love Him.
 I am thankful for slides.
 And I am oh so thankful for these two little girls who love ballet.
 What a joy it is to be a mommy. 

And let the peace (soul harmony which comes) from Christ rule (act as umpire continually) in your hearts [deciding and settling with finality all questions that arise in your minds, in that peaceful state] to which as [members of Christ’s] one body you were also called [to live]. And be thankful (appreciative), [giving praise to God always].
Colossians 3:15
Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need. “So don’t worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will bring its own worries. 
Today’s trouble is enough for today.
Matthew 6:33-34
Pray at all times (on every occasion, in every season) in the Spirit, with all [manner of] prayer and entreaty. To that end keep alert and watch with strong purpose and perseverance, interceding in behalf of all the saints (God’s consecrated people). And [pray] also for me, that [freedom of] utterance may be given me, that I may open my mouth to proclaim boldly the mystery of the good news (the Gospel), For which I am an ambassador in a coupling chain [in prison. Pray] that I may declare it boldly and courageously, as I ought to do.
                                  Ephesians 6:18-20




No comments: