Sunday, June 10, 2012

Our new church building, Roosters, and Rocky's Italian Ice

We made it into the new building this morning! I was so excited and so emotional this morning. Me, Mom, and the girls got in around 1 in the morning and so we were a little spent but I couldn't think of missing this awesome Sunday! I cried all the way through practicing just thinking of these years we have spent in Ohio and all that it means to me. I was so emotional that I asked these two wonderful ladies from my bible study if they would pray that I wouldn't cry in the service. Well, they must have pray, pray, prayed because I did not even feel like crying when it was actually time to sing for the service. I am not one of those people that thinks crying is wrong but I knew if I started I wouldn't be able to stop today...you know what I mean...


 These pictures are just horrible with my iPhone but after the trip I couldn't for the life of me find my camera. I might have left it at mom's house, I'm not sure so maybe I'll post better pics later. :) One of my favorite favorite things about the building is the sound panels...a little strange I know.. but they are covered in different textures and fabrics and just look awesome!
 The girls favorite part of the building is the tree house in the 4-5s room! They are obsessed! It really is pretty cool!
 We went to a celebratory lunch with mom because Adam does not have to set up and tear down anymore...Praise the Lord! Seriously, might not sound like a big deal but will change our lives a little! :)
And tonight we took Mom to enjoy some Rocky's Italian Ice...Adam's happy place. :)

Today our pastor quoted Philippians 2:14. I know it as "Do everything without grumbling and complaining." Well, the passage (or the Spirit) struck my interest and so I looked up the original language of the verse and put it together and it says,

 "Do all things without grumbling and faultfinding, and complaining against God or others, secretly or in public, and questioning, doubting, and arguing among yourselves."


Also, the verse for the day was,

"For you are becoming progressively acquainted with and recognizing more strongly and clearly the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ (His kindness, His graciously generosity, His undeserved favor and His spiritual blessing), in that though He was so very rich, yet for your sakes He become (so very) poor, in order that by His poverty you might become enriched (abundantly supplied.)" 
2 Corinthians 8:9  

I have been studying in Philippians 2 for Monday night bible study and have been studying the incarnation. What a powerful powerful concept and verse. Thankful that God's word never ever ever gets old!! It's always new and fresh, powerful and useful for our lives!

Thankful to God for today, it was a sweet, sweet day.

No comments: