Thursday, September 15, 2011

Niagara Falls

What an amazing blessing to go and experience Niagara Falls!! I knew we were going on a trip but never in a million years did I even think we were flying. People had joked about all kinds of things and said I needed my passport but I knew they were all crazy because we were only going somewhere for one full day!
How could I need my passport?! Anyway, so Adam's parents come to take care of the girls and the day before Adam tells me to pack as if we were going on an airplane and I got intrigued! Honestly I thought we were probably going to a Razorback game! haha which I would LOVE and so would he so we I saw this when we got off our airplane...
I was shocked and knew we were going to Niagara!!! I was sooooooooo excited at this point!!!
We got to the border of Canada and Adam had not looked at the address of the hotel and had no clue it was in Canada and that we really did need our passports! haha! And so we drive us and they say, "Passports please." And like idiots we explained we didn't know we were going to Canada. The guy was hilarious.
He looked at us the whole time, like, really?! We had to pull over and go through a process where they looked up our passports and saw we were legit and we were allowed into Canada and boy am I glad..
bc our hotel was GORGEOUS and the view was too die for! We had one of those rooms were you could see the falls through the window! It was amazing to say the least!
I have honestly never seen anything like it in all my life, nothing in God's creation as breathtaking and beautiful as Niagara Falls!
Behind Adam in this picture was the American Falls. They were pretty but the Canadian Falls were the most beautiful and I was so thankful that we got to stay on that side of it all!!!
As I look at the pictures I think..."these pictures really don't do this place justice at all!"
We did all the "site seeing" things in the full day we were there...by far the most aweosme thing was a little boat called "The Maid of the Mist."
Where you got to travel on a boat as close as you can get without being sucked in and drowned by the falls.
It was so phenomenal. I was thinking the whole time, "How can anyone say that this accidentally happened or that their isn't a God." Niagara Falls screams, "God made me! Look how beautiful I am. I point to God and say, 'He is the best creator ever!' " No but seriously, you can tell that just from the pictures right?
I told everyone that I wanted to stand with my arms up to heaven when we got to the closest point. I had that song stuck in my head the whole trip by Christy Nockells called "Waiting Here for You!" It was screaming in my head because the words say, "Waiting Here For You With my Hands Lifted High." When I think about waiting here for you I usually don't think about my hands lifted high but the testimony of waiting and still praising and worshiping is amazing!!!!!
My poncho didn't work all that well! I was drenched but I sooo didn't care! I had a blast!!!

Everything was in English and French! It was so awesome! Adam and I have always gone to places where they speak Spanish and so I got my turn because I took French for years in school (not that I know anything hardly at all!! but I could recognize some words and that made me excited! I know I'm a dork!)


These were our views from our room!  Gosh, I wanna go back NOW!!
My super sweet husband did such an amazing job keeping this all a secret! I seriously had no idea!!
And I have to stop here and say that my sweet step mom and dad gave up TONS of their frequent flyer miles and points to embassy suites to make this happen!!! How absolutely amazing of them! That is part of the reason I was so shocked because I knew we could never afford anything like this! How awesome to have people pour out such blessings on us!!!

Ok, so the morning of the full day we were there I prayed we would see a rainbow! I heard they were so gorgeous here and I have no idea if they always come out, as in daily or what so I prayed I would see one! I saw 5!! Yep 5!!
They all made my heart smile. Genesis 9:8-16: 
Then God said to Noah and to his sons with him, “Behold, I establish my covenant with you and your offspring after you, and with every living creature that is with you, the birds, the livestock, and every beast of the earth with you, as many as came out of the ark; it is for every beast of the earth. I establish my covenant with you, that never again shall all flesh be cut off by the waters of the flood, and never again shall there be a flood to destroy the earth.” And God said, “This is the sign of the covenant that I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for all future generations: ... 

Then I saw another mighty angel coming down from heaven, wrapped in a cloud, with a rainbow over his head, and his face was like the sun, and his legs like pillars of fire. Revelation 10:1

We also had a chance to go behind the falls and see their power from behind. I have no more adjectives to describe these things but it was awesome.


The falls with the rainbows were the most beautiful part to me.



I had some delish frozen yogurt from this place and then...


from our room we watched the fireworks that night. They only had fireworks on Friday nights and we made it to see them!! How fun!

We got to open our window for our noise maker because the falls were so loud which was another one of my favorite things about this trip!
But my most favorite thing was getting to spend all of that quality time with my best friend! THANK YOU DAD AND ANITA FOR ALL YOUR HELP FOR THIS TRIP! WITHOUT YOU WE MOST DEFINITELY COULD NOT HAVE GONE!!!!
The girls had a BLAST with Marmie and PapaDaddy although they are not smiling in this picture! Marmie and PapaDaddy said this was the only time they were not smiling!

And we were sooooo excited to see them and give them their suckers we bought them!! What a treat for everyone!! I am so thankful for the opportunity to visit Niagara Falls!!

1 comment:

the miller mommy said...

This post brought tears to my eyes. I am so happy for you Ashley!