Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Thankful Tuesday











On this Thankful Tuesday I am especially thankful for health. I'm thankful that I am healthy and that my kiddos are too. I held a precious adopted girl for a while yesterday who was Annabelle's age but had no muscle mass to move and play and it just overwhelmed me at how blessed I am that right now God has given me healthy children. 

Motherhood is so wonderful and so hard but it's always good to gain perspective on how blessed I really am. My deepest desire is that Ab, Ad, and Abe grow to know The Lord falling in love with Him and His word and that they would glorify Him with their lives! 

I know that Jesus draws their little hearts to him but that it is my job to be an example of someone who loves Jesus and lives like it and sometimes I stink at that. I have realized this week that I am lacking in self control with my mouth in a big way and that I need to constantly be asking Jesus to help me with this. I had this realization in a few ways this week but one of them was through my child mentioning that Adam and I aren't on the same page sometimes because of things I say around her. Ouch! Those little hears sure do hear everything and I can teach them the words: "be kind and compassionate to each other..." Eph 4:32 but if I don't live them I'm not sure how far those words really go in their little brains. Anyway, like I always say with sin; it's just a reason to turn around and scream, "I need you Jesus" so that's what I am doing this week! 

It's been a wonderful week full of friends, family, a party, and lots of lots of late night summer fun! I am thankful for these last few weeks of summer fun before kindergarten. I am so thankful for all God has given me. 

That my glory may sing your praise and not be silent. O Lord my God, I will give thanks to you forever! Psalm 30:12


No comments: