Saturday, August 31, 2013

I can Trust the one who is in Control.

"You hem me in, behind and before" or
"You go before me and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head." Psalm 139:5

Control really is an allusion. These past few weeks have been really great for our family. Adam is finally employed again and we are excited about having a place of our own again. We have had a renewed sense of hope. But in the midst of all of these wonderful new things, this week I got bit by a strange spider and ended up with a big, weird looking, bite mark and the doctor put me on an antibiotic.

See, my brother was bit by a brown recluse spider a little over a year ago and was in the hospital for three weeks having to have a couple surgeries. Needless to say, spider bites scare our family a little bit.

Lately, I have been thinking on this verse from Psalm 139 that says the Lord goes before and follows behind me. In other words, He is always aware of what's going on in my life, always watching over me. He is constantly protecting me from ways the enemy wants to attack me and my family but sometimes He does allow some things that "hurt" me. And in this case, it was a spider bite.

Like I said, I am on a strong antibiotic (that's safe for the baby:) ) and I will be fine. But, all of this has been such a reminder to be that I am not in control, and believe it or not, this is a gift, because the illusion of being in control is always such a disappointment. I have also been reminded that nothing that happens to me is ever in vain; each part of my story no matter how big or seemingly small is for my good and His glory.

The good thing is, I can trust the one that is in control. "He is going before me and following behind me and is dying to place His hand of blessing on my head."

No comments: