Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Thankful Tuesday & Early 4th of July



Happy almost 4th of July!

 It's Thankful Tuesday and I have a list a mile long of things to be thankful for. I decided to take the girls out today in hopes of getting some decent pictures of them (which truly brings me joy. :)) 

I thought they turned out pretty good. The girls are starting to cooperate a little bit more which is nice (or maybe it was just today but nevertheless..) 

 I have had such a great week enjoying them. They really are a blessing to me even though being a mom is never easy. One of my dear friends 4 year old daughters was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes today. It literally broke my heart in half because Annabelle is almost 4 and I just couldn't imagine. Oh and my friend has another daughter that also has the disease.
 My friend is also my bible study leader and just last night we went through Philippians 2 and how we should "count everything loss in comparison to knowing Christ." The example I gave was how hard it is when something happens to your child. And yet we are supposed to want to know and love Christ with so much of ourselves (through His grace of course) that knowing Him is in a higher priority than keeping our kids safe etc etc. Not sure I'm making sense. Beth Moore always says the things that mean the most to you are the hardest to explain.
All that to say, I spent a lot of today being thankful for my kids and my family. 

I cannot help but also to say that I am also thankful to be free, yes free in Christ but also to live in a free country. A country where it is still acceptable to go to church and even carry your bible around town if you want to. I know that that freedom did not come without a steep price. Really how could we not be thankful on weeks like this week with what we are celebrating. We are a blessed country. I am a blessed individual. I am thankful to my God.

But each day the Lord pours His unfailing love upon me, and through each night I sing His songs, praying (AND GIVING THANKS) to God who gives me life. Psalms 42:8

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

Does your friend with a diabetic child have a blog? My son was diagnosed when he was 5, and I know of no one else with a young child with this disease. Most don't understand the worries and fears, but your friend, she does! I would love to 'meet' her
Carolyn Luiten
Chino, CA
CarolynRN3@aol.com I dont have a blog :)